If you need to return or exchange an item, please call the Returns Department 407-442-3350 for a Return Merchandise Authorization number. We accept returns within 30 days of delivery. All merchandise must be new. Warranty SAFECAM will repair or replace, without charge, any merchandise proved defective in material or workmanship for a period of 18 months after the date of shipment.
If you have a problem with a product you have purchased from SAFECAM, we urge you to contact our technical support staff before returning the product. If a technician determines that the product is not working properly, an RMA number will be issued. Our technical staff is available to help you with any products via phone or online (go to www.guardaplex.com and click on Live Support.)
Support for Digital Video Recorders (DVRs) is limited to only that device. SAFECAM is unable to assist in networking issues such as disabling firewalls, routing ports, and/or configuration of routers and modems. Additional reference to Frequently Asked Questions and various user manuals and guides for common third-party networking equipment is available online at www.guardaplex.com/networking. In the event a DVR is returned for repair, all hard drives are subject to formatting and all data will be lost. We recommend that you back up to a secondary source prior to sending in for repair. Password protected and /or locked equipment requires the passcode/key for service.
SAFECAM does not assume any risk and shall not be subject to liability for damages or loss resulting from the specific use or application made of the products. SAFECAM liability for any claim, whether based on breach of contract, negligence, infringement of any rights of any party or product liability relating to the product shall not exceed the price paid by the customer to SAFECAM for such products. SAFECAM is not liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages (including loss of use, loss of profit and claims of third parties) however caused, whether by the negligence of SAFECAM or otherwise, or for any merchandise for repair left over six months.
The limited warranty does not cover loss or damage that may occur as a result of:
1. Improper return shipping, insufficient packaging, damaged contents, or lost packages.
2. Improper use or installation.
3. Inverted polarity or wrong voltage.
4. Cutting or splicing any cables.
5. Dropped equipment or intentional damage, use of an indoor camera outdoors, any misuse or tampering, and all other Customer Induced Damage (CID) not mentioned above will automatically void warranty.
6. Any act of god, including storm or lightning surges.
7. Removal of serial numbers or quality seals voids the warranty.
Warranty can be extended for up to three years at time of purchase. Ask your sales representative for details.
SAFECAM will not issue an advanced replacement for a malfunctioning unit without the approval of an Advanced Replacement Agreement.
1. An RMA is valid for up to 30 days from the date of issue.
2. No merchandise may be returned without prior written authorization.
3. All returned merchandise must be accompanied by a copy of the Invoice and the RMA must be written visibly on the outside of the shipping carton. Do not use the product’s box as a shipping carton. The product must include all manuals, software, and accessories inside the original packaging.
4. All returns must be shipped prepaid to: RMA Department, SAFECAM INC. 2231 WEST FAIRBANKS AVE. WINTER PARK, FL. 32789.
5. Method of return shipment shall be equal to the method by which the item was received by SAFECAM.
6. In event that a unit is DOA (Dead on Arrival) SAFECAM will ship a replacement unit immediately after the leading technician has determined that the product is defective and after an Advanced Replacement Agreement has been submitted and approved.
7. Advanced replacements may be issued only upon approval of an Advanced Replacement Agreement which is available online at http://guardaplex.info/Forms/. If the returned product is tested and found to be in normal working condition with no defects found, a 15% restocking fee will be deducted from the credit or the item may be shipped back at buyer’s expense.
8. RMA items will be repaired or replaced at SAFECAM’S discretion.